Monday, June 11, 2012

Day out with first guest





















Be warned!
My apartment is lovely for one. But it is small.
I had my first guest this long weekend. Helen, from Toronto. She was so very tolerant of me in the space - I find cramped spaces pretty tricky. I am going to get better. So the gates are open! If only a little...
Anyway it was lovely with Helen. Hot in the city so we took ourselves on the 25 minute river bus ride to cool and no high-rises Williamsburg of Brooklyn, where everyone thinks they are a rockstar. We looked back at the high-rises and breathed in the sensational clear sprayed air. There was excellent coffee and organic homemade raspberry popsicles, with seeds in of course, once there. There was the flea market! Over-priced but lots of lovely stuff and you can haggle.
It was fun getting the 5 foot square mirror that I bought home on the boat together. Involved lots of photos and a nice ice-breaker with other folks who looked in it, asked how much it was - one lady bit her finger and said I'd been had. But it looks grand in my 'lounge'. I'm thinking of getting a hanging plant and soon there will be a double bass. Just like in London!
The mover guy who moved my second-hand oak table said I'd been done. The old Bronx guy who sold it me was such a character - giving directions LOUDLY and s...l....o....w...l....y. And he told me I was a nice person. Which might be code for 'you have been shafted.'
Online dating is proving interesting. Far more lively - far more folks say hello. And I've got interest - textually anyway - from black ladies in Brooklyn. One lady is a little bit Alicia Keys and the other lady reminds me more of Floella Benjamin. Very curious by the black folk in NYC. Sorry to keep mentioning it but I am.

1 comment:

  1. read the whole lot

    gives you a good sense of the place


    keepemkomin' ◄► ◄► Om shanti Rama rama ◄► ◄►


    shan

    ReplyDelete