Monday, July 16, 2012

Spoken things


These exerpts seemed somehow a bit American - or maybe not. But they seemed slightly different to the banter I'm used to....


Mona: Did anybaardy see the new Men In Black movie yet?
Jo: 'Black in time'?
Mona: That what it's called? - that's so stoopud
Jo: Not that but somethin like that
Mona: yah-ha
Andy: Right - it *is* as stoopud as that, it's just not that.


 * * *


Judy cowering on her bike as it starts to really pelt it down:
Yikes! I furgaart my invisible shield


 * * *


We were talking about the different places we had to get back to in Manhattan on our bikes at about 11.30pm and realised how near we were to Judy's (77th) whereas I am on 61, Mona on 45 and the others further down. We'd only ended up on 77th because of the Guthrie concert in Central Park and then sought refuge in a nearby eatery from the rain.
Judy in the middle of the throng of conversation: 'Yeah thanks for coming uptown to see me guys'


* * *


Barbara, 47 years of age, on being asked how she would describe herself in one word by Mona:
C*nt.
(I have no idea where that came from by the way - but it was very funny at the time.)


* * *


Mike (guy sits near me, describes what it's like being in his new team to an ex-team member in the elevator going down):

There's quide a lard of starrt-up time workin out what's going arn up there

How I would say it:
It's taking me while to get used to everything before I can actually be useful to the team

No comments:

Post a Comment